When you don’t feel like making anything fancy, just grab anything in your fridge that you can chop up and grab it. I didn’t feel like more Mexi, but Craw did, so I made two different choppers. The star was the fat free jalapeno ranch, which I tried to make taste as close to Chuy’s as possible. Chuy’s jap ranch is the shiz, but most likely has mayo in it and it full of calories, so here is a less fatass version for you to enjoy.
- 1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbs. ranch seasoning (really you should make your own, like this one http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/homemade-ranch-seasoning-mix/
- 1 tbs. water
- 2 tbs. diced pickled jalapenos
Literally just blend it all together. If you want a thinner dressing, add a bit more water and blend until you get the right consistency. Here are the salad ingredents…
Mexicanish Chopped Salad
- 2 cups chopped iceberg
- 1/2 c. black beans
- 1/2 c. sauteed corn
- 1/2 c. chopped chicken
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- however much dressing you want
Toasted Quinoa spinach salad
- 1/2 c. toasted quinoa (take cooked, cooled quinoa and saute in skillet with 1 tsp basil oil until crunchy)
- 2 cups spinach, here’s best way to chop–I put a handful of spinach inside butter lettuce and chiffonade, like so http://www.finecooking.com/articles/cutting-chiffonade-basil.aspx
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1 tbs. low sugar craisins
- 1 tbs. chopped candied pecans
- 1 tbs. aged balsamic
- 1 tsp. olive oil
**I use more of the balsamic because thick, aged balsamic is the bomb. The above salad is great with any protein, but filling on its own.
Oh, and I forgot to rant about Rosa’s in the previous post…. All my West Texas peeps will understand.
I understand that the point of a restaurant is to turn a profit, but cutting corners in the queso fillage department is NOT the way. When I spend $40 on an order (for one…), I expect to have enough queso in the “bowl” of queso to have leftovers. When you make me finish off an entire bowl alone, it angers me. And also, wrap your tortillas in foil, not paper. It’s just common sense. And when I order 15 things and only 1 drink, I can hear the judgement in your tone when you repeat my order. I’m already judging myself on Fat Sunday (yes, capitalized the F in Fat, it makes sense), and I don’t need you to do it for me. I have mirrors and family for that. That being said, you da bestest, see you Sunday.
Yours today and Always,